Eco-Tuning: Save Fuel with our Chiptuning
In addition to an increased engine power of up to 31 % you can also save fuel at the same time with our RaceChip® Chiptuning modules. But that does only work if you – encouraged by the driving pleasure – do not step on the gas or accelerate more than you did before without your RaceChip®.
Save 14 Euros per Tankful
So, if you don’t basically change your road behaviour, you can save up to 1 l fuel per 100 kilometres after installation of one of our RaceChip® Chiptuning modules. In doing so, with a 50-l-tank your fuel saving can actually amount to an increased driving performance* of 170 km per tankful; in other words: 14 Euros** less fuel costs at a fuel price of 1.70 €/l. Per tankful!
The following applies to the RaceChip® Eco-Tuning, too:
- The original control device of the vehicle remains unchanged
- All engine protection programmes remain activated
- You can implement installation on your own, without special tool and engine vehicle knowledge
- Normally, you only need 5 – 15 minutes for installation
- You can remove the RaceChip® any time you like without a trace
- Optionally, you can get a RaceChip® replacement engine warranty at your expense
How does the Eco-Tuning work?
With the Eco-Tuning injection volume, injection pressure as well as the injection point of time are continuously optimized. Thus, providing an increase in performance. However, not via an increased speed, but by means of an increased torque. This automatically reduces the required speed. You can earlier change into the next gear and thus save fuel.
How much fuel you actually save depends on various factors:
- Intrinsic engine characteristics of the engine concerned
- Driver’s road behaviour
- Serial tolerance of the vehicle
- RaceChip® settings
- Weather conditions
- Condition and size of the tyres
Tips on a fuel-saving driving style
- Always watch out for the right tyre pressure (refer to manufacturer’s data).
- Worn tyres need more fuel. Renew your tyres in due time, as a rule every two years.
- Extremely high or low temperatures influence the driving properties and thus fuel consumption, too. Rain, snow as well as hot asphalt also significantly affect the fuel consumption.
- Drive at low speed. Do not unnecessarily push your engine to top speed and avoid high speed.
- Drive with foresight. Avoid unnecessary stepping on the gas in case of a traffic jam or a red light.
- If possible, let your vehicle coast to a stop instead of braking strongly.
- Avoid a shaky ride (i.e. gas, no gas, gas, no gas). Step on the gas as evenly as possible and stick to the limit.
- Switch off the engine if you expect a downtime of more than 2 minutes. That’s worth it.
- Dismount any kind of carriers, i.e. for bikes or the like and do not transport unnecessary loads in the trunk. The more a vehicle weighs, the more the engine has to work to move the car.
And last but not least, every engine has its own very special characteristics. It may show serial tolerances of up to 10 %. In other words: A 100 PS engine can be supplied by the manufacturer with either only 90 PS or as well as with 110 PS. Of course, this affects the fuel consumption, too. Additionally, manufacturer’s data on the fuel consumption are based on an optimal driving situation. In daily road traffic you will hardly come across it.
* consumption so far 6 l/100 km and about 883 km per tankful; with reduction by 1 l/100 km: 5 l/100 km and about 1000 km per tankful
** fuel cost reduction with 170 km more driving performance per tankful, consumption of 5 l/100 km (RaceChip® optimized) and a fuel price of 1.70 Euros/litre